My Personality

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Friday, April 30, 2010

When you have done all you can do

How do you know when you have done all you can do to keep your relationship alive and and there is nothing more you can do? How do you know in your heart that it's time to move on? How do you know when you have given all you have to a relationship that isn't working then it's time to stop giving?

The daunting question is where that line should be if it should exist at all. Do we have a running meter beside everyone's name? Do we use the same measure with everyone or is this set at some arbitrary level for each person we meet? How much behavior we consider unacceptable can we be expected to forgive? Can that "acceptable" level be adjusted as our relationship with each person changes?

How much should you compromise in the name of harmony? How many things that you enjoy should you give up that make you who you are? Should you compromise your moral values? Should there be a line and where do you draw it?

The most important question is when to remove yourself from a situation that isn't right. How do you know when there is no way that relationship is going to turn around and start moving on a positive path? When do you know that it's time to just let go? How do you avoid wondering if there was something you could have done or said to make a difference?

I have changed my thoughts and opinions on these and many more questions throughout my life. I know that I have changed my answers to these questions many times as I change and grow. There are some answers that are chiseled in stone but not all are that cut and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment