My Personality

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Thursday, February 11, 2010

HIV/AIDS can you pass this test?

Can you look at someone and know if they are HIV or HCV positive? Take this little test and find out. I think you are going to be very surprised at the results.

What would you do if you fell in love with someone who was HIV or HCV Positive? How would you feel in this relationship? Would you even know if the person who looks so perfect is Positive for any disease?

I knew his status before we met in person. I was a little afraid at first because I didn't know anything about either disease. The first thing I did was do a lot of research online. Knowing the facts was just the beginning of the story.

I had to think about more then the normal questions you have before you enter into a relationship. For me, this was easy once I met him in person. He is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. My love for him grows stronger every day.

Do I ever think about the possibility of becoming positive myself? I have to admit that I think about it now and then. I like to get tested once or twice a year just to be able to stay on top of my status. Every time I get tested the answer is always the same. I remain negative. Do I ever worry about what I would do if my status changed? Not really, that is not helpful in any way.

I was concerned about sharp objects being left where they don't belong. I was concerned about stray or loose nails in the doorways or on the floor. When I heard the sound of a glass breaking it got me moving fast. The most important thing was I didn't want him to get hurt. Once I knew he was OK then it was on to the task of cleaning up the broken glass quickly and safely.

We take care to use the accepted precautions every time we are intimate. We take care to see that any cut he gets is cleaned and covered. We make sure that there are no booby traps around the house.

Here comes the hard part. The question of his health. How long will his health hold out? When will he need medication or even should he take medication? When to call the doctor? What about his diet? What if he gets really sick? The hardest question of all is what if I lose him?

These are the real tough questions that take lots of soul searching. You have to be honest with yourself. You would do good to ask yourself these questions before you enter into the relationship. You don't want to be thinking about these things as an after thought.

How do you decide if this person is right for you? How do you decide that this is the right relationship? You are going to have to decide for yourself. I can only say that once we met I knew the right answer for me.

Some of these questions are important to ask yourself even if your new partner is HIV and HCV negative. There are other things that can happen to a person that would bring about a situation where you had to make serious decisions on their behalf. No one is promised tomorrow so thinking about that is a waste of time and energy.

Mostly, you would do good to have a deep faith in God. When I first met my husband I prayed saying "if this is the man you want me to be with please protect me in this relationship." I thank God every day that he brought this man into my life. I have learned to really love.

We have our problems and right now we are not living together but we are working on getting back together in a healthier relationship. One that helps us to continue to grow and grow closer to God.

When we separated I had reached the bottom in my life. It was only then that I knew that I had personal problems that needed to be worked on. I finally realized how much the alcoholics in my life had affected me. I am working on me in order to be the wife God would have me be.

I know that life is only going to get better from here. One day we will be able to get back together with a stronger and healthier love for each other. For now all I can do is keep taking steps in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment